Fighting Crime and Promoting Public Safety
Rob is a champion for our communities against crime. He has led an all-out assault against drunk driving and has fought to protect our families from sex offenders. Rob has served on the Virginia Crime Commission since 2003 and is currently chairman. He has written new laws that:
• Mandate jail for drunks who drive with children in the car (SB 1019 Floor Amendment – 2003)
• Allow judges to require drunk drivers to repay the medical and funeral expenses of their victims (HB 2008 – 2003)
• Close loopholes that let child molesters avoid justice (HB 1333 – 2006)
• Stop physical violence against family members (HB 656 – 2004)
• Expand protective orders law (HB 2063 – 2011)
Rob also supports screening for illegal drugs to receive cash welfare benefits. It’s a bad idea to give someone cash if they are addicted to methamphetamine or crack cocaine.